PETZLs classic Ascender has been updated for better ease and comfort. The ergonomics are improved with a wider handle for better comfort, better bulge under the index finger, and ergonomically designed upper part for maximum grip when pulling with two hands. Candy prevented hand in the river slide to the bottom of the clamp even when you get stuck in it and you ensure a good hold with both hands. The equipment holes at the bottom are pooled into a single, larger hole for a better opportuniy to clip into it with two carabiners for equipment and foot loops.
The ascender is designed for frecuent use, and the handle to open the clip completely integrated into the body, for better security and in order to avoid the clamp being opened in an inappropriately. Steel comb with angled teeth and self-cleaning function ensures that the clamp bites the rope even in demanding situations, eg frozen or dirty rope.
Designed for ascending rope
Simple and effective:
- ergonomically molded handle for a safe and comfortable hold
- large opening for a good grip even with thick gloves
- ergonomic upper part for a good hold with two hands
- Safety handle integrated in the body to prevent unintentional opening of ascenderen
- steel comb with angled teeth and self-cleaning function for optimum performance even under harsh conditions (frozen and dirty rope)
- large hole at the bottom for better party of carabiners for loops and foot loops
- upper hole for safety carabiners around the rope
Available in left- and right-handed version.
- Material: aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, rubber, nylon
- Weight: 165 g
- Rope diametre: 8 - 13mm
Approved: CE EN 567, UIAA
Ascension technical guidance